Job Description - Senior Electrical Integration Engineer
Norton Motorcycles is an iconic, British motorcycle brand delivering exquisite riding experiences. For over 120 years, Norton Motorcycles has been celebrated worldwide for its unique place in motorcycle history. Now under new ownership, Norton Motorcycles is proud to sit with the TVS Motor family.
Entering a new era, we are scaling globally and this role will give successful recruits the opportunity to be a part of that growth. This role will be based in our state-of-the-art facilities in Solihull, West Midlands, working within our tight-knit but ever-expanding team.
We are looking for an Senior Electrical Integration Engineer to help us grow the product range and lift the quality of the motorcycle design to new highs.
As a member of the electrical engineering team, the role Senior Electrical Integration Engineer will be to ensure successful progression and development of the project from an electrical perspective, pulling together inputs and requirements from various areas and making sure all work is done on time to the required quality levels.
As a senior electrical integration engineer, you will be responsible for:
● Being the electrical face of the project.
● Attending project & concept meetings and being the voice of the electrical team.
● Ensuring the 150% specification document is kept up to date for each model year / build phase.
● Ensuring commonality is targeted with other projects and pushing this at a project and business level.
● Maintaining the electrical timing plan for the relevant project.
● Ensuring all electrical parts are released correctly for the vehicle and build phase and other engineers are aware of this.
● Ensuring components used on the vehicle meet requirements set by internal teams and external suppliers and team reviews are held at the right team.
● Working with and co-ordinating other engineers within the team to resolve issues and conflicts a timely manner, escalating at the right time when required.
● Maintaining a project log of issues found and lessons learned.
● Ensuring all tests are carried out by the relevant engineers/technicians.
This role has some flexibility whereby it may be required that the integration engineer gets involved in other activities, such as component specification or testing as resource requires.
Candidate essential experience:
The candidate must have an Electrical Engineering degree, or similar combined with relevant industry experience and no less than 5 year’s industry experience.
● Automotive and/or Motorcycle electrical engineering from various areas.
● Electrical engineering project leadership and coordination experience.
● Experience in more than 1 area (EDS, components, testing, software etc).
● Issue / conflict resolution.
Benefits of working for Norton:
We offer desirable benefits for all employees of Norton, including;
● 25 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays)
● A generous pension scheme
● Life insurance (We Care Employee Support Programme)
● On-site free parking
● Twice Yearly Event (Summer and Winter)
● Flexible working can be on offer for selected roles
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK
NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS
Job Type: Full-time
Salary package is dependent upon previous experience
It is essential that you send both your CV and a cover letter when applying for this role. Please also state where you heard about this vacancy within your application.
Please forward your CV and a covering letter in the first instance to email@example.com stating which role you are applying for.
We have a 10 day reply policy, so if you do not hear from us within 10 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.