Job Description - Senior Calibration and Development Engineer
The role would include overseeing the continued improvement of a range of exciting Norton projects, including road and race motorcycles for driveability and durability. This would also include development of chassis electronic functions such as traction control, launch control and anti-wheelie strategies. Production vehicle calibration and emission control experience is essential.
● Calibrate vehicle emission behaviour to meet program target emission standard whilst satisfying other vehicle attribute targets such as combustion noise, driveability and performance
● Delivery of aftermarket and performance tuned products across the range
● Assist in powertrain development, problem solving and resolution
● Delivery of chassis control systems such as traction control, anti-wheelie and launch control
● Assist in electrical specification of the motorcycle
● Provide testing support where necessary, overseas or trackside
● Integrate drivability and performance targets alongside emissions
● Provide support throughout the homologation and certification process
● Relevant experience of a high-end engine management control systems.
● A good understanding of modern powertrain systems.
● A good understanding of motorcycles.
● Knowledge of chassis control strategies.
● Good communication skills at all levels.
● Emissions calibration & homologation.
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK
Job Type: Full-time
Salary package is dependent upon previous experience.
Please forward your CV and a covering letter in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org stating which role you are applying for.