Job Description – Senior Buyer - Indirect
Norton Motorcycles is an iconic, British motorcycle brand delivering exquisite riding experiences. For over 120 years, Norton Motorcycles has been celebrated worldwide for its unique place in motorcycle history. Now under new ownership, Norton Motorcycles is proud to sit with the TVS Motor family.
Entering a new era, we are scaling globally and this role will give successful recruits the opportunity to be a part of that growth. This role will be based in our state-of-the-art facilities in Solihull, West Midlands, working within our tight-knit but ever-expanding team.
We are looking for an Indirect Senior Buyer to join a growing Procurement team in a fast paced, agile Automotive engineering environment. The successful candidate will take full accountability for the Indirect purchasing channels. This includes close collaboration with all functions within the business, as well as reporting into the Head of Procurement. As Senior Buyer, your main focus will be commercial management, supplier benchmarking, nomination and contracting and implementation and supply chain management for suppliers within your category areas of responsibility, as well as line management of the buyers within the team.
This role is responsible for all areas of non-Production spend, inclusive of Indirect material, Indirect Services, Aftermarket parts, Accessories and Merchandising.
● Leading the strategy on supplier selection and nomination, as well as contracting requirements across all key category areas of spend
● Manage a team of Procurement professionals to ensure best value and lowest risk from third party vendors
● Develop and maintain relationships with all stakeholders- internal and supply base
● Be recognised as the key point if contact, and gatekeeper for all spend across the business, not related to production material
● Working collaboratively with department heads to proactively understand how Procurement can support them with achieving budget requirements
● Reviewing the supplier database to establish preferred and nominated suppliers for specific categories of spend, developing and implementing category strategy
● Building and implementing category strategy for all key spend areas, including Engineering Services, new factory CAPEX etc.
● Negotiate and implement service agreements with all new partners
● Prevent supplier proliferation, and review existing supply base for potential consolidation and cost opportunities on an on-going basis
● Establishing brand new areas of the business for Procurement support, such as Accessories & Merchandising, Aftermarket and Service
● Proactively manage key suppliers and identify opportunities to potentially establish strategic agreements
● Being able to manage supplier relationships
● Work on ad-hoc procurement projects as the company requires
An Ideal candidate will have:
● Excellent communication, negotiation skills and commercial awareness
● Willingness to drive and build relationships with internal departments to drive the importance of the Procurement Team.
● High level of attention to detail and well organised
● Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise workload
● Highly flexible individual who can adjust to a very agile environment
● Proactive, methodical, practical and persistent
● Able to work well under pressure
● Comfortable working at all levels of the business including Chief Exec
● Works well within a team
● Microsoft Office suite proficient
Skills and Experience:
● Preferably CIPS qualified
● Experience of working in an Indirect purchasing role in an engineering and automotive environment
● Strong Category Strategy Experience
● Experience of establishing and implementing new procurement processes and systems advantageous
● Previous line management experience is desirable
Benefits of working for Norton:
We offer desirable benefits for all employees of Norton, including;
● 25 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays)
● A generous pension scheme
● Life insurance (We Care Employee Support Programme)
● On-site free parking
● Twice yearly employee social event (Summer and Winter)
● Flexible working available inline with company framework
● Competitive salary
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK
NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS
Job Type: Full-time
Salary is dependent upon experience
It is essential that you send both your CV and a cover letter when applying for this role. Please also state where you heard about this vacancy within your application.
We have a 10 day reply policy, so if you do not hear from us within 10 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please forward your CV, portfolio and a covering letter in the first instance to email@example.com stating which role you are applying for.