Job Description – Quality Engineer, Powertrain
The Norton Motorcycle Co. Ltd is looking for an experienced Powertrain quality engineer with a track record of delivery within manufacturing / engineering / automotive industries. You will be an enthusiastic and capable individual with a hands-on approach to Quality prepared to lead by example to instil a mindset of Quality First within a busy supply chain. You will need to demonstrate the ability to manage a high degree of change within an organisation.
Key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
● Lead supplier interface from inception through to start of production for powertrain componentry
● Assessing suppliers and potential suppliers through the PPAP system
● Managing quality concerns relating to powertrain
● Monitor and control conformity of production within the supply base
● Supporting the supplier to resolve quality issues to ensure product quality and supply
● Support manufacturing with new model build concerns to ensure build plans are maintained and issues are addressed in a controlled and constructive manner
● Conduct supplier selection audits to assess capability and suitability. Working closely with the Purchasing department to ensure suitable supplier selection and feedback on supplier performance concerns
● Create quality standards for new models and train manufacturing on model quality requirements
● Prototype powertrain testing validation to ensure product integrity
● Conducting road tests to assess powertrain characteristics.
● Strong IC powertrain experience is essential
● Supplier sourcing management using the PPAP system is essential
● Automotive experience is preferable.
● Experienced in root cause analysis techniques.
● Self-sufficient and good organisational skills
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK
NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS
Job Type: Full-time
A driving licence is required.
The role will require international travel.
Salary is dependent upon experience
Please forward your CV and a covering letter in the first instance to email@example.com stating which role you are applying for.