Job Description – Project Manager
Norton Motorcycles is an iconic, British motorcycle brand delivering exquisite riding experiences. For over 120 years, Norton Motorcycles has been celebrated worldwide for its unique place in motorcycle history. Now under new ownership, Norton Motorcycles is proud to sit with the TVS Motor family.
Entering a new era, we are scaling globally and this role will give successful recruits the opportunity to be a part of that growth. This role will be based in our state-of-the-art facilities in Solihull, West Midlands, working within our tight-knit but ever-expanding team.
Based within the Engineering Department, the role holder will work closely with the Design/ Quality/ manufacturing and purchasing teams to ensure new models are successfully seen from concept to production. The successful candidate will also have to keep managers at TVS up to date in regular weekly presentations.
● Lead project planning sessions to set project goals and objectives, determine timelines, define tasks, and outline resources necessary to successfully complete the project
● Select and manage a team from among internal and external stakeholder organizations
● Monitor the progress of projects, including addressing issues that may arise and ensuring project deliverables are completed on time and to the correct specification.
● You will manage a portfolio and resources to ensure client engagement through project plans, schedules, project tracking, budget and resource allocation, Gantt charts, and workload analysis.
● Report regularly to management and relevant stakeholders on the progress of the project, challenges, resolutions, and alterations
● Conduct project reviews, including creating detailed reports for executive staff and identifying areas for future improvement
● Ensure all project deliverables, deadlines, and client expectations are met
● Optimizing and improving processes, identify growth opportunities, and initiate new projects
● Effectively communicate with all levels of the business from shop floor to Director level
● Manage all relevant tasks from the team in the completion of multiple tasks whilst working alongside multiple projects.
● Creating and editing slide preparation for management cadence meetings.
● Collation of data for drawing releases from appropriate systems.
● Chasing of drawing releases from Engineering department.
● Collating lists of parts for inspection alongside Engineering/Quality.
● Analysing data and producing chase lists/progress reports etc.
● Budget creation alongside Team (Project Coordinators)
● Timing plan creation and monitoring.
● Monitoring ISIR/PPAP status prior to production.
● Ensure that the procedure, rules, regulations, and promote laws governing project management are well adhered to.
● Automotive/Project Management Experience
● 4 years' experience working in project management.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Demonstrated expertise in project management through all phases of a project life cycle
● Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and programs including Microsoft Project, Primavera, Access , Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
● Advanced negotiation and conflict resolution skills
● Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
● Strong management, leadership, and interpersonal skills
● Ability to present technical information clearly and concisely at a level appropriate to the target audience
● Solve problems by systematically analysing issues, drawing logical conclusions, and recommending practical solutions
● Flexibility and creative thinking
● Ability to work effectively under pressure and time constraints in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
● Proven ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
● Advanced knowledge of project management best practices and methodologies and commitment to improving internal practices
● Prince2 or APM equivalent
- 25 Days holiday (Small amount used for Christmas Holiday)
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Working
- Casual Dress
- Parking on site
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK
NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS
Job Type: Full-time
Salary is dependent upon experience
Please forward your CV, portfolio and a covering letter in the first instance to email@example.com stating which role you are applying for.