Job Description - Project Co-ordinator
Norton Motorcycles Co. Ltd is a dynamic, inspirational brand at the forefront of British design and rapidly growing. We are looking for an experienced Project Co-ordinator, to organise and support our Project Manager organise and processes for our range of motorcycles. This is an excellent opportunity for personal growth and progression whilst being involved in one of the most exciting global motorcycle manufacturers. This role will be based in the East Midlands but will move to our new Solihull premises at the end of 2020.
Based within the Engineering Department, the role holder will work closely with the Design/Technical/Assembly teams where new motorcycles are developed and produced. The job requires a wide range of technical and practical skill sets to support day-to-day operations for the Project Manager, which goes hand-in-hand with the introduction of new project planning software and processes to allow strong planning for current and future models for Norton.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
● Co-ordinating the activities of a team of professionals and technicians for the purpose of achieving the goal of a given project.
● Provides the administrative guidance on project execution. (Ad-Hoc and Software updates)
● Maintaining up to date information for various departments and making sure deadlines are achieved.
● Make provisions for the progress of the project
● Update information on the project management development, tools, regulations, market demand, and likely clients.
● Supporting Line Manager to ensure projects are monitored, maintained and completed on time and to the correct specification
● Meet the Norton’s set specification, or make a higher standard
● Support your line manager and team in an efficient fast paced, highly reputable company.
● Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work well under pressure
● Effectively communicate with all levels of the business from shop floor to Director level
● Ability to supervise, motivate, develop and inspire others
● Communicate effectively with UK and overseas suppliers.
● Supervise all relevant tasks in the completion of multiple tasks whilst working alongside multiple projects.
● Responsible for the flow of information from the project manager to the team regarding the project.
● Creating and editing slide preparation for management cadence meetings.
● Collation of data for drawing releases from appropriate systems.
● Chasing of drawing releases from Engineering department
● Collating lists of parts for inspection alongside Engineering/Quality
● Analysing data and producing chase lists/progress reports etc.
● Budget creation alongside your line manager (Project Manager)
● Timing plan creation and monitoring.
● Monitoring ISIR/PPAP status prior to production
● Ensure that the procedure, rules, regulations, and promulgated laws governing project management are well adhered to.
● Plan, commence, execute, supervise, and roundup assigned projects
● Suggest strategies of achieving the project goals to the owner
● Automotive/Project Management Experience
● 2-3 years' experience working in project management.
● Running internal projects from start to finish.
● Management of costings, logistics and the operational aspects of a project.
● Experience working in a manufacturing / automotive manufacturing environment
● Previous time served apprentice, or graduate in Project Management or related technical area/subject.
● Good Working knowledge of MS office software and Project Software
● Prince2 or equivalent
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK
Job Type: Full-time
Salary package is dependent upon previous experience.
Please forward your CV and a covering letter in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org stating which role you are applying for.