Job Description - Powertrain Design Engineer
Norton is without doubt one of the most exciting motorcycle companies in the world. This iconic British brand has recently been acquired by Indian giant TVS, who are looking to invest in its product range and Design & Engineering capability here in the UK.
As such, we are looking for Powertrain Engineers to help us grow the product range and lift the quality of the motorcycle design to new highs, whilst learning and developing themselves.
The role of the Powertrain Engineer will be to design and develop a number of components and systems that make up the motorcycle. You will be responsible for your design areas from concept to production. A hands-on approach and can-do attitude are essential.
Working in a fast paced and dynamic environment, a hands-on approach and can-do attitude are essential, as is the ability to challenge mainstream thinking in a constructive and energetic way. We’re looking for driven engineers who share our passion for motorcycling.
Working as a Design Engineer your main responsibilities will include:
● First principles design and development of engine components and assemblies from concept through to production.
● Production of schemes for motorcycle powertrain components and assemblies using 3D CAD.
● Producing fully detailed drawings in CAD to BS 8888.
● Specifying component parameters including, materials, heat treatments, surface finishes and geometric tolerancing.
● Presenting design solutions as part of concept and design reviews.
● Releasing of new parts following the internal Design Change Procedure.
● Liaising with other Norton departments and external suppliers.
● Producing and updating engineers lists.
● Establishing and considering design aspects including;
○ Manufacturing methods,
○ Component duty cycles,
○ Strength and fatigue calculations,
○ Corrosion resistance and environmental conditions,
○ Assembly process,
○ Cost and supplier feedback,
○ Cross platform commonisation,
○ Component packaging, clearance checking and assembly analysis.
○ Benchmarking of competitor applications,
○ Departmental procedures.
Candidates will need to satisfy the following essential requirements;
● A minimum of 2 years automotive experience with continual Pro-E or CREO experience is required.
● An Engineering qualification or equivalent (BEng Hons 2-1 or higher).
● An understanding of powertrain engineering principles.
● Be able to develop first principle engineering calculations to aid the design process.
● A knowledge of DFM, DFA and 8D problem solving analysis.
● Be experienced in materials and manufacturing processes such as machining, castings, forgings, pressings and welding.
NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK
Job Type: Full-time
Flexible working available, subject to approval.
Salary package is dependent upon previous experience.
Please forward your CV and a covering letter in the first instance to email@example.com stating which role you are applying for.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.