Job Description – Development Technician
The Norton Motorcycle Co. Ltd is a dynamic, inspirational brand, at the forefront of British design and rapidly growing. This is an excellent opportunity for personal growth and progression whilst being involved in one of the most exciting global motorcycle manufacturers.
Trust, Respect and Responsibility are the foundations of Norton’s Vision and Values. Working as part of a new and exciting team you will be expected to promote these values in a positive way. We are looking for a well-rounded Development Technician to support the R&D branch as the department begins to grow and expand. You will be working alongside colleagues to assemble prototype and benchmark vehicles in preparation for vehicle testing. This is an excellent opportunity for personal growth and progression in a new team whilst being involved in one of the most exciting global motorcycle manufacturers. This role will be based out of our new facility in Solihull.
Roles, duties and responsibilities:
Key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
● Whole vehicle build and preparation of prototype and benchmark vehicles sometimes without build manuals.
● Directly reporting into the Workshop Supervisor and following departmental guides.
● Promoting a positive working environment among colleagues in line with Norton’s Vision and Values.
● Vehicle setup and test logging in line with the Norton Test Procedures (NTP) and Norton Work Instructions (NWI).
● Working with engineering team members from across the business to deliver vehicles developed to the best possible standards.
● Supporting testing but locally and abroad as required.
● Flexibility to support a dynamic testing schedule.
● Daily vehicle checks and servicing inline with test programs and service schedules.
● Clean down and inspection of test vehicles
● Completing vehicle job cards and logging information to share with engineering teams.
Who we're looking for:
● 6yrs+ served in a similar automotive industry.
● Skills across all disciplines including Chassis, Powertrain and Electrical.
● Strong mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills.
● Excellent communication skills and a willingness to learn new skills.
● Operating rolling road equipment and logging results appropriately
● Automotive or Motorsport development experience of track, rig and test cell
● A grounding in Microsoft excel is desirable
● Clean license both car and motorcycle. C1 or higher is desirable but not essential.
Benefits of working for Norton:
We offer desirable benefits for all employees of Norton, including;
● 25 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays)
● A generous pension scheme
● Life insurance (We Care Employee Support Programme)
● On-site free parking
● Twice Yearly Event (Summer and Winter)
● Flexible working can be on offer for selected roles
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK
NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS
Job Type: Full-time
Salary is dependent upon experience
Please forward your CV and a covering letter in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org stating which role you are applying for.