Job Description - Design Engineer
Norton Motorcycles is expanding its production capacity. Our Business is expected to grow significantly over the next 10 years as demand for our existing motorcycle range increases. This is an excellent opportunity to work for one of the worlds most iconic motorcycle brands. Based in our Castle Donington factory, you will be working in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Our team of industry leading professionals are looking for new members who share our passion for motorcycling.
The role of the Design Engineer will be to produce, create and update new and existing parts and assemblies. The successful candidate will need to consider and define the design intent and any packaging limitations. A hands-on approach and can-do attitude are essential. As part of our continual development program this will also include providing help in creating and updating departmental procedures.
The Design Engineer will be expected to work on their own completing allocated tasks to time with minimal supervision.
Working as a Design Engineer your main responsibilities will include;
● Production of schemes for motorcycle components and assemblies using 3D CAD
● Producing fully detailed drawings in CAD
● Specifying component parameters including materials, heat treatments, surface finishes and geometric tolerancing
● Releasing of new parts following the internal Design Change Procedure
● Liaising with other Norton departments and external suppliers
● Producing and updating engineers lists
● Establishing and considering design aspects including;
o Manufacturing methods
o Component duty cycles
o Strength and fatigue calculations
o Corrosion resistance and environmental conditions
o Assembly process
o Cost and supplier feedback
o Cross platform commonisation
o Whole vehicle packaging and clearances
o Benchmarking of competitor applications
o Departmental procedures.
Candidates will need to satisfy the following essential requirements;
● A minimum of 2 years automotive experience with continual Pro-E or CREO experience is required
● An understanding of fundamental motorcycle principles
● A knowledge of DFM and DFA
● Be experienced in materials and manufacturing processes such as castings, forgings, pressings and welding.
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK
Job Type: Full-time
Salary package is dependent upon previous experience.
Please forward your CV and a covering letter in the first instance to email@example.com stating which role you are applying for.