Job Description - Certification & Compliance Engineer
The Norton Motorcycles Co. Ltd is a dynamic, inspirational brand, at the forefront of British design and rapidly growing. This is an excellent opportunity for personal growth and progression whilst being involved in one of the most exciting global motorcycle manufacturers.
We are looking for an innovative, enthusiastic and self-motivated person to become a compliance subject matter expert, working alongside our Quality and Design Engineering teams, defining and coordinating all homologation, certification and Conformity of Production activities for our incredible products. This is an excellent opportunity for personal growth and progression whilst being involved in one of the most exciting global motorcycle manufacturers. This role will be based out of our new facility in Solihull.
Role, duties and responsibilities:
● Coordinate improvement projects to support ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949 accreditation
● Managing external accreditation audit schedules
● Review existing standards and processes, seeking/suggesting improvements
● Creation and management of Control Plans
● Conducting internal audits
● Ensuring homologation / type approval requirements have been considered through the process
● Ensuring all motorcycle specifications comply with chosen market legislation
● Liaising with the VCA and other external agencies
● Manage and organise required certification data, reports and documentation
● Ensure changes to legislative requirements are communicated effectively
● Communicate and drive Conformity of Production compliance
● Managing regional requirements documentation
● Training technicians and engineers in all departments on regional legislative requirements
Who we're looking for:
● Engineering Degree (preferably Automotive or Mechanical) or a substantial track record in the homologation / type approval process.
● Knowledge and experience of automotive testing, validation and legal certification/approval
● Excellent communication skills
● Understanding of ISO 9001:2015 requirements
● A self-motivated work ethic for identifying and leading development/improvement opportunities
● Experience of Continuous Improvement tools & techniques, with the ability to design complex, cross-functional processes
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK
NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS
Job Type: Full time - Permanent
Salary package is dependent upon previous experience.
Please forward your CV and a covering letter in the first instance to email@example.com stating which role you are applying for.