Job Description - Buyer (Indirect/Merchandising)
Norton Motorcycles is looking to recruit a Buyer to join its growing team. The individual will form part of driving the purchasing function of this UK based global brand to ensure a robust and committed supply chain.
We are looking for an experienced Buyer with a track record of delivery. You will be an enthusiastic and capable individual whose internal relationships will be as important as those with your suppliers.
Previous experience within indirect categories is preferred, particularly from a merchandising and services perspective. The role may entail some element of production buying also, and a focus on purchasing for Accessories. Candidates will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to manage the operational requirements of a manufacturing business alongside managing and developing supplier relationships whilst challenging them on Quality, Lead times and Cost.
Key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
● Purchase of goods, materials and services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets.
● Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments, communicating any supply problems which may impact on a project/s
● Prepare and raise orders and order schedules.
● Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications, ensuring that a professional and consistent approach is taken up.
● Act as a point of contact to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues, escalating to management when needed.
● Negotiate contracts, improving prices and terms with suppliers whilst maintaining quality standards and expected delivery lead times.
● Work closely with team members to review opportunities for continuous improvement within the purchasing function.
● Access and contribute to the evaluation of current and/or prospective suppliers in relation to performance (quality, cost, delivery on time)
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK
NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Working Hours: 9am-5pm Mon-Friday
Salary package is dependent upon previous experience.
Please forward your CV and a covering letter in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org stating which role you are applying for.