Job Description - Brand Licensing & Merchandising Manager
The Norton Motorcycle Company Ltd. is a dynamic, inspirational brand, at the forefront of British design and rapidly growing. This is an excellent opportunity for personal growth and progression whilst being involved in one of the most exciting global motorcycle manufacturers.
The business is now undertaking a large transformation, so we are currently looking for a Brand Licensing and Merchandising Manager, to develop merchandising approach to identify potential brand aligned partners, develop new ranges of lifestyle products supporting product launches and our brand activity, and exploit commercial opportunities across different markets. Reporting into the Marketing Manager, this is an exciting opportunity to join the Marketing Team as we are placing strategic focus on how customers interact with our brand. This brand new role presents a perfect opportunity for someone who would like to make the difference.
Role, duties and responsibilities:
● Design and deliver a new licencing strategy in line with Norton brand vision
● Deliver new lifestyle merchandise line/s supporting motorcycles launches and Norton brand
● Increase exposure of the brand through a variety of methods, including identifying new and managing existing licensee partners
● Work on demand growth strategies for the lifestyle merchandise
● Maximise income derived from merchandise and licencing opportunities
● Responsibility for correct partner logo placements and all relevant approvals
● Drive partnership between Licensees and brand design to execute the brand aesthetic across all licensed categories, ensuring a consistent product image
● Manage day to day business of all licensing aspects
● Work closely with the marketing team to make sure brand image is correct
● Maintain a logo library of all standards and seasonal artwork for design use. Maintain a samples library of approved product
● Compile design packages at the start of each season and coordinate and distribute design direction as set forth by apparel and accessories divisions to Licensees on a timely basis; Drive and monitor development process throughout the season
● Onboard new licensee
● Perform other duties and assist with special projects as required
Who we're looking for:
● Degree in Business Development, Marketing, Art or Fashion desirable but not required
● A minimum of 5+ years in contemporary fashion environment, working in merchandising, licensing or brand management
● Some understanding of the legislations relating to branding and business planning
● A creative eye and the ability to see the larger commercial opportunity
● Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
● Strong consensus building skills and ability to work across cross-functional departments
● Excellent communication, organizational and follow up skills; ability to multi task across several lines and product categories
● Ability to use initiative and suggest solutions when faced with challenges
● Articulate and able to build relationships with colleagues at all levels
● Excellent taste level and product sensibility
● Computer literacy: Excel, Word, Power Point
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK
NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS
Job Type: Full-time
Flexible working available, subject to approval.
Salary package is dependent upon previous experience.
Please forward your CV and a covering letter in the first instance to email@example.com stating which role you are applying for.