Job Description – Senior Buyer - Electrical
Norton Motorcycles is an iconic, British motorcycle brand delivering exquisite riding experiences. For over 120 years, Norton Motorcycles has been celebrated worldwide for its unique place in motorcycle history. Now under new ownership, Norton Motorcycles is proud to sit with the TVS Motor family.
Entering a new era, we are scaling globally and this role will give successful recruits the opportunity to be a part of that growth. This role will be based in our state-of-the-art facilities in Solihull, West Midlands, working within our tight-knit but ever-expanding team.
We are looking for a Senior Electrical Buyer to join a growing Procurement team in a fast paced, agile Automotive engineering environment. The successful candidate will take full accountability for a defined purchasing channel. This includes close collaboration with Engineering teams, Production and Quality as well as reporting into the Head of Procurement for the business. As Senior Electrical Buyer, your main focus will be commercial management, strategy development (Category Strategy) and implementation and supply chain management for suppliers within your category areas of responsibility, as well as line management of the buyers within the team.
● Leading the strategy on supplier selection and nomination for a heavy and ambitious NPI programme
● Determining, communicating and delivering Procurement requirements to meet production programme demands
● Regularly review supplier spend portfolio to seek future savings opportunities, including achieving cost down targets on current bills of materials
● Working collaboratively with department heads to ensure all requirements to ensure production, warranty and aftersales work can be achieved within project requirements and to customer expectations
● Reviewing the supplier database to establish preferred and nominated suppliers for specific categories of spend, developing and implementing category strategy
● Work with suppliers to ensure quality standards are maintained
● Proactively manage key suppliers and identify opportunities to potentially establish strategic agreements
● Being able to manage supplier relationships
● Work on ad-hoc procurement projects as the company requires
● Excellent communication and negotiation skills
● Good Supplier relationship management
● High level of attention to detail and well organised
● Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise workload
● Highly flexible individual who can adjust to a very agile environment
● Proactive, methodical, practical and persistent
● Able to work well under pressure
● Comfortable working at all levels of the business including Chief Exec
● Works well within a team
● Microsoft Office suite proficient
Skills and Experience:
● Preferably CIPS qualified
● Purchasing electrical components and working with supplier of electrical components
● Experience of working in a purchasing role in an engineering and automotive environment
● Experience of working in a Project Team from inception to delivery, including demonstratable experience of Early Supplier Engagement
● Strong Category Strategy Experience
● Experience of establishing and implementing new procurement processes and systems advantageous
● Previous line management experience is desirable
● Must have the Right To Work in the UK
Benefits of working for Norton:
We offer desirable benefits for all employees of Norton, including;
● 25 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays)
● A generous pension scheme
● Life insurance (We Care Employee Support Programme)
● On-site free parking
● Twice yearly employee social event (Summer and Winter)
● Flexible working available inline with company framework
● Competitive salary
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK
NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS
Job Type: Full-time
Salary is dependent upon experience
It is essential that you send both your CV and a cover letter when applying for this role. Please also state where you heard about this vacancy within your application.
We have a 10 day reply policy, so if you do not hear from us within 10 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please forward your CV, portfolio and a covering letter in the first instance to email@example.com stating which role you are applying for.