Senior Design Engineer
Norton Motorcycles is expanding its production capacity. Our Business is expected to grow significantly over the next 10 years as demand for our existing motorcycle range increases. This is an excellent opportunity to work for one of the world’s most iconic motorcycle brands. Based in our Castle Donington factory, you will be working in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Our team of industry professionals are looking for new members who share our passion for motorcycling.
The role of the Senior Engineer will be to manage new and current models they have been allocated. Leading their team of Design Engineers, they will need to meet design and engineering deadlines. Timely decision making and positive team leadership is key to a healthy and productive working environment. A hands-on approach and can-do attitude are essential.
Working as a Senior Engineer your main responsibilities will include;
- Design and development responsibility for your project,
- Project planning and maintenance in conjunction with Purchasing, Production and suppliers to ensure trial builds and SOP dates are met.
- Ensuring timely release of all components and design changes in keeping with project timeline.
- Signing-off engineering drawings to ensure the timely release of drawings and engineers lists to Purchasing and suppliers.
- Providing open communication with other internal departments to ensure design feasibility.
- Signing and presenting Design Changes for approval to other departments.
- Managing and understanding of Design Change Requests from other departments.
- Following and policing company, departmental and quality policies.
- Ensuring design intent and changes are proposed for Design Review meetings.
Key characteristics that a Senior Engineer should demonstrate;
- The management of your team including;
- Keeping moral and motivating your team.
- Delegating workload carefully to an individual’s capabilities,
- Providing strong leadership when required.
- Making decisions when required.
- Recognising team areas for improvement and providing training.
- Assisting with technical questions and engineering support.
- Keeping staff working within departmental procedures.
- Completing staff appraisals.
- Authorising holidays and overtime within set limits.
- Assisting in the recruitment of new team members.
- Inducting and appraising new starters.
- Running team and individual workload meetings.
- Continual development of the knowledge base and capabilities within the Design and Engineering department. This includes;
- Assisting the Engineering Manager in creating and maintaining department procedures.
- Attending and inputting into the Engineering meetings for Chassis and Powertrain.
- Sharing and communication of technical knowledge with other teams and individuals via Engineering meetings.
Candidates will need to satisfy the following essential requirements;
A minimum of 6years automotive experience.
Experience leading projects, people management and planning.
Pro-E or CREO experience is preferred but not essential.
An understanding of fundamental motorcycle principles.
A knowledge of DFM and DFA.
Experience liaising with supply chain.
Be experienced in materials and manufacturing processes such as castings, forgings, pressings and welding.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary package is dependent upon previous experience.
Please forward your CV and a covering letter in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.