• Have there been any bikes been produced yet?
Yes, we have produced bikes but not released any to customers yet as we are waiting for our warranty testing to complete, the first bike was made and registered in December 2009.
• If I order today when can I get a bike?
Orders taken today would be delivered in approx July 2010
• Where is my nearest dealer in the UK?
All sales and service is being done from our factory at Donington park, this enables customers to have a much more direct relationship with Norton. You can visit to see your bike being built and Chris ‘The Stalker’ Walker will help you set up the bike to your liking. Chris is head of UK sales and based at the factory.
• Is the company financially stable?
Yes, we have now completed all tooling and design costs with a complete stock of parts ready for volume production. Norton is well financed for the future, we knew from day one this was not going to be a small project.
• I have recently paid my final instalment for my bike and was expecting delivery imminently – why is there a delay?
As answered previously we have had a delay in our warranty testing procedure, we are almost through this now and expect deliveries very soon.
• I have heard you have set up overseas distributors will this cause delays for the UK market?
No, we are not delivering any overseas bikes until UK customers have had their 961SE bikes delivered.
• I was promised a test ride when production is up and running, initially this was meant to be February – when is this likely to take place?
Due to the delays listed above we have moved the test rides back, we are still making bikes available for this we have just had a few months delay.
• I am a Norton Commando 961 SE purchaser, now that you have launched the Cafe Racer and Sport models is this likely to delay my bike production?
No, we are delivering all SE bikes prior to Sport or Café Racer deliveries.
• Can I have my Cafe Racer in a different colour than those on the website?
Absolutely, Norton have 4 colours as shown on the website, equally we would be pleased to quote for any bespoke paintwork for customers.
• My father and I would like to come to see the production facility at the Norton Factory do you do factory tours?
We are planning factory tours from April, interested parties should email in with their preferred dates and give numbers so we can book them in.
• Have you got a brochure for the Cafe Racer and Sport?
This is being designed and printed now, all enquirers will be forwarded one when available.
• I was pleased to see that there was no increase in price when the VAT rate changed at the start of the year – is this price going to hold for the remainder of 2010?
We continually asses pricing due to the currency markets and supplier costs into Norton, we may have to do a small increase later in the year but we are currently trying to hold pricing as is, all bikes ordered will be supplied at the price when ordered.
• Is there a warranty with the bikes, if so what is this likely to be?
All bikes have a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty.
• What has been the biggest challenge in the rebirth of Norton?
It is a huge undertaking to bring back such an iconic brand as Norton. However we have a cracking team here and have done remarkably well thus far. My biggest frustration has been the delays to delivery.