Norton purchased the hall, along with 26 country acres located within the Donington Park race complex, from International Airlines Group in March 2013 as its corporate headquarters.
Donington Hall conjures up a uniquely British way to show style, strength and quality, which are all great attributes of the Norton brand. It will allow Norton to grow our manufacturing business with focus on 'built in Britain by British hands', export growth and job creation.
Stuart Garner, CEO
In 1931, Alderman John Gillies Shields, the then owner of the estate agreed to allow motor racing on the extensive roads around the estate, thus creating the Donington Park circuit.
The circuit was closed in 1939, again as a result of requisitioning; this time the estate became a military vehicle depot. After the war it became a refugee camp for children form Communist regimes and those displaced by the war.
In 1971 Tom Wheatcroft bought part of the estate, along with the racing circuit for £100,000. The hall itself was sold by the Shields family to British Midland Airways in 1976. The airline was subsequently rebranded as British Midland International (BMI) and by 2007 employed 800 people at Donington Hall.