Job Description - Purchasing Manager
To manage the development of the Purchasing Department and build robust infrastructure to support ongoing growth of the business.
Norton Motorcycles are looking for a Purchasing Manager to join its buying team based at Donington Hall. Heading the existing team of buyers, this individual will form part of driving the purchasing function of this UK based global brand, to ensure a robust and committed UK supply team. We believe that communication, management and development of the supply chain are paramount.
We are looking for an experienced Purchasing Manager with a track record of delivery within manufacturing / engineering / automotive industries. You will be an enthusiastic and capable individual whose internal relationships will be as important as those with your suppliers.
Previous experience within a manufacturing or engineering environment is preferred and you will need to demonstrate the ability to manage the operational raw material requirements of a manufacturing business.
Key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
● Managing Supplier Relationships
● Negotiate commercial terms with suppliers to support the business
● Supplier Visits & Audits alongside Quality Manager
● Managing Supplier Quality Control & Where required manage supplier development plans
● Generate Strategic Department Plans & Implement as required
● Cost Control on purchased lines to budge
● Controlling Stock Levels to affordable business level
● Manage Stores Team to improve procedures and accuracy of stock
● Managing and develop MRP Systems
● Develop & Maintain department procedures and ensure adherence
● Develop department KPIs to show supplier and department performance
● Coordinate with all other departments for smooth functioning and prioritising of purchase department activity
● Participate in the development of purchasing specifications for material, components or products
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK
Job Type: Full-time
Salary package is dependent upon previous experience.
Please forward your CV and a covering letter in the first instance to email@example.com stating which role you are applying for.