The role of Procurement Manager at Norton is an excellent and challenging opportunity for the right candidate to join a rapidly expanding team of industry professionals in a fast moving and dynamic environment, working with one of the most passionate and exciting names in the motorcycling industry here at Donington Hall.
The Procurement Manager will be overseeing all current production and delivery of new projects including the well publicised range of bikes under development thanks to significant funding from central Government. This range of high end motorcycles will ensure Norton’s longevity as the UK’s most exciting motorcycle manufacturer.
We are looking for an experienced Procurement Manager with a track record of delivery within manufacturing / engineering / automotive industries. You will be an enthusiastic and capable individual whose internal relationships will be as important as those with your suppliers.
- Norton is a niche, premium vehicle manufacturer with a strong brand value and where quality is paramount.
- Understanding the process of buying raw material and components, through in house manufacture, assembly and point of sale through a global dealer network. All controlled under one roof.
- A complex product range with multiple manufacturing techniques and a global supply chain.
- Aggressive growth rate with a full order book for well over 12 months.
- Degree/CIPS qualified would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience of managing a team is essential
- Demonstrate understanding of technical engineering along with a strong manufacturing and quality knowledge
- Strong commercial background within a high-tech manufacturing and/or engineering industry
- Proficient negotiator with proven abilities in influencing people at all levels within the organisation
- Experience in product costing and/or costed Bill of Materials and identification of product cost drivers
- Good understanding of legal regulations and contract setting
- Prepared to work hard to get the right result for Norton, be tough yet be fair with our supplier base
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
- Willing to challenge the status quo – internally and externally
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build productive working relationships and influence both staff and Directors
- Integrity and confident under pressure – always presenting the facts no matter what the circumstances
Please apply in writing sending your current CV to email@example.com