Motorcycle Electronics & Calibration Design Engineer
Norton Motorcycles, one of the world's most iconic Motorcycle brands is expanding its production capabilities, at its manufacturing facility in Castle Donington. Our Business is expected to grow significantly over the next 10 years as demand for our existing quality motorcycle range increases and our new V4 Superbike is introduced into the market.
We are now looking to recruit a Motorcycle Electronics & Calibration Engineer to work as part of a growing team of industry professionals. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a dynamic environment for one of the most passionate and exciting names in the Motorcycling industry.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Engineering responsibility for derivative models and following these into production, as well as significant areas on new projects.
- Accountability for projects including overseeing product design and validation from concept through to production.
- Design engineering using the latest 3D CAD software (Pro E).
- Homologation and vehicle testing to meet the latest European and world wide standards and regulations.
- Design and implementation of modern motorcycle electrical architecture from wiring looms through to firmware, software and end user interfaces.
- Coordination with other functional areas, such as: design, purchasing, quality and other development teams.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of materials and manufacturing techniques
- Knowledge of basic fundamental electrical principles
- Knowledge of basic fundamental internal combustion engine principles
- An understanding of any/all of the following would be advantageous : CAN / K-Line communications, electronic engine control strategies, electronic chassis control strategies, engine emissions control, python script, hands on mechanical skills, dyno testing, motorcycle riding.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with analytical, design and problem solving ability.
Norton invites applicants from all design backgrounds; however, practical experience of motorcycle fundamentals would be beneficial.
Salary package is dependent upon previous experience.
Please apply in writing with an up to date CV via email to email@example.com