Job Description - Head of Electrical
Norton Motorcycles is without doubt one of the most exciting 2 wheel brands in the world. This iconic British brand has recently been acquired by Indian giant TVS, who are looking to invest in its product range and Design & Engineering capability here in the UK.
As such, we are looking for a time served Head of Electrical to help us grow the product range and lift the quality of the engineering and its people to new highs.
The role of Head of Electrical will be to manage and oversee all electrical elements of projects. Timely decision making and positive team leadership is key to a healthy and productive working environment. A hands-on approach and can-do attitude are essential, as is the ability to challenge mainstream thinking in a constructive and energetic way.
You will be overseeing the day-to-day running of a busy team and be working hand in hand with the whole vehicle and powertrain design teams to ensure Norton’s remain at the forefront of design and engineering integration.
● Guide the team to a common and clear direction
● Guide testing requirements and develop testing plans and procedures
● Promote the electrical requirements to the wider business and manage integration into the vehicle
● Guide product documentation, product planning, homologation & safety.
Key characteristics that the Electrical Team leader should demonstrate;
The management of your team including;
● Keeping morale high and motivating your team while providing leadership when required.
● Making critical decisions as required.
● Recognising the training needs of staff.
● Keeping staff working within departmental procedures.
● Completing Team Leader appraisals.
● Authorising Team Leader holidays and overtime within set limits.
● Assisting in the recruitment of new team members
● The ability to constructively challenge
Candidates will need to satisfy the following essential requirements;
● An interest and understanding of fundamental motorcycle principles.
● Practical hands-on engineering and electrical experience.
● A minimum of 10 years automotive electrical engineering background.
● Proven experience in a similar role.
● An understanding of Chassis, Powertrain and Electronics and their interactions.
● A knowledge of DFM and DFA.
● An awareness of new technologies and how to incorporate into existing architecture
● An awareness of functional safety requirements
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK
Job Type: Full-time
Salary package is dependent upon previous experience.
Please forward your CV and a covering letter in the first instance to email@example.com stating which role you are applying for.