Job Description - Electrical Engineer
The role of the Electrical Engineer will be to produce, create and update new and existing electrical systems. The successful candidate will need to consider and define the design intent and understand packaging limitations. A hands-on approach and can-do attitude are essential. As part of our continual development program this will also include providing help in creating and updating departmental procedures.
The Electrical Engineer will be expected to work on their own completing allocated tasks to time with minimal supervision.
● Production of schematics for motorcycle harness layout and interactions.
● Liaising with Powertrain and Chassis teams to understand whole vehicle packaging constraints.
● Supporting prototype build and layout of concepts on development bikes.
● Releasing of new parts following the internal Design Change Procedure.
● Liaising with other Norton departments and external suppliers.
● Producing and updating engineers lists.
● Establishing and considering design aspects including;
o Manufacturing methods,
o Component duty cycles,
o Corrosion resistance and environmental conditions,
o Assembly process,
o Cost and supplier feedback,
o Cross platform harmonisation,
o Whole vehicle packaging and clearances,
o Benchmarking of competitor applications,
o Departmental procedures.
Candidates will need to satisfy the following essential requirements;
● A minimum of 2 years automotive experience.
● An understanding of fundamental motorcycle and electrical principles.
● A knowledge of DFM and DFA.
● Any prior experience in calibration, data logging and control strategies is advantageous but not essential.
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK
Job Type: Full-time
Salary package is dependent upon previous experience.
Please forward your CV and a covering letter in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org stating which role you are applying for.