Job Description - Business Improvement Manager
Norton Motorcycles is looking to recruit a Business Improvement Manager to join our rapidly growing business. The individual will help create and manage a new Business Improvement function in a UK based, global motorcycle manufacturing brand. Whilst initially being based in Castle Donington/ working from home, the role will eventually be based in the Coventry/ Solihull area.
We are looking for an experienced Business Improvement Manager with a track record of delivery within manufacturing / engineering / automotive industries. You will be an enthusiastic and capable individual whose internal relationships will be key to the success of this cross functional role.
Reporting to Quality Manager, you will act as the key contact in driving continuous improvement across department such as Engineering, Purchasing and Production, through developing and embedding new skills and ways of working.
Key responsibilities will include:
● Drives a continuous improvement culture through delivery of content and training on Lean Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement and Root Cause Analysis, etc.
● The creation and ongoing line management of a new Business Improvement team
● Monitors the training and professional development of all team members, looking for opportunities to strengthen their skills or acquire new ones.
● Management and support of internal process design
● Identification of systems waste potential efficiencies
● Implement process improvement at across departments and projects
● Leads business critical projects and ensures they are delivered within planned timelines and with expected measurable output.
● Supports project teams/team members as-needed to improve processes, provide project intervention
● Support the development of a process governance framework for the business ensuring that roles & accountabilities are clearly understood
● A proven leader with line management experience
● High level of personal drive and energy to see projects through to completion
● Ability to communicate across different levels of the business
● Ability to quickly understand problems, articulate them and propose solutions
● A willingness to embrace challenge and work within an evolving / changing environment
● Ability to maintain positive and productive working relationships; promote collaborative teamwork
● Ability to train / transfer learning and skills
● Ability to structure, analyse and present complex ideas and data, as well as resolve complex problems
● Experience of project management in a manufacturing environment
● Experience of using process automation / digitisation techniques and technologies
● Proven experience and knowledge of process improvement tools, methods, and techniques
● Proven experience in driving continuous improvement initiatives including lean, six sigma, problem solving methodology
● Ability to interpret, analyse, and understand complex data sets
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK
Job Type: Full-time
Salary package is dependent upon previous experience.
Please forward your CV and a covering letter in the first instance to email@example.com stating which role you are applying for.