Quality Manager - Motorcycle Manufacturing
Norton Motorcycles, one of the worlds must iconic Motorcycle brands is expanding its production capabilities, at its Manufacturing Facility in Castle Donington. Our Business is expected to grow significantly over the next 10 years as demand for our existing Quality Motorcycle range increases and our new V4 Superbike is introduced into the market later this year. We are anticipating Sales and therefore Production Volumes to treble within 2 years.
We are looking for talented people to join our team, embrace the passion and commitment of our workforce, and help us improve our processes to provide Quality Products, Hand Built and recognised throughout the world.
We are looking for talented people to join our team, embrace the passion and commitment of our workforce, and help us improve our processes to provide Quality Products, Hand Built and recognised throughout the world. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with relevant skills and experienced, looking to join a forward-thinking company with a strong commitment to the development of its products processes and people. The company currently employs over 100 staff in a modern facility, with detailed plans for investment and continued growth and success over the coming years.
As a result, we are looking for talented individuals from an Engineering, Automotive or Manufacturing background to join our highly successful and respected worldwide manufacturing business as our Quality Manager. Main focus will be to review, improve and roll out all aspects of our Business Quality Plan. Experience working within a fast growing SME, and knowledge of Engineering, Welding and Fabrication and Complex Assembly and working within a highly technical Supply Chain environment are all essential..
- To Define and take ownership of our Business Quality Management System
- Roll out the Business Quality Plan through all Departments
- To oversee all aspects of internal and external (supplier) quality complaints
- To drive continuous improvement through quality improvements
- To have responsibility for the QMS system and ISO 9001 audits
- Communicate all Quality Systems and Processes to the Norton Team through support, training and appropriate communication channels.
To be considered, you must have the following skills, personal attributes and experience:
- Higher level relevant qualification (degree or HND or equivalent)
- Minimum two years’ experience as a quality manager or quality engineer in an Engineering, Automotive or Manufacturing Environment.
- Good knowledge of Continuous Improvement, 6 Sigma and Lean Manufacturing methodology
- Knowledge of Welding, Assembly and Paint/Lacquering and Process Control of these areas
- Experience working with Supply Chain and Purchasing Departments, Stores
- Experience in Bought In and Internal Parts Stock Handling and Rejection processes
- Knowledge of recognised Quality Tools and Techniques and exposure to recognised Quality Standards
- Experienced at working within a Fact Paced environment and able to work within the confines of a relatively Small Manufacturing Business, looking to grow into a bigger and better structured business
- Proactive and self-starting
- Good communication, presentation and people engagement skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Methodical and organised and able to embrace a Small team culture
Salary dependent on previous skills and experience. Good Long Term Prospects for the right person.
Please apply in writing with an up to date CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
or in writing to:
HR and Admin Manager
Norton Motor Cycles
DE74 2 SG